Dublin Coddle with Seitan Irish Sausages ~ Meatless Monday ~ Perfect for your St. Patrick's Day Meal

Dublin Coddle with Seitan Irish Sausages


It's your lucky day!  Here is a perfect Meatless Monday Meal & St. Patrick's Day Meal ~ all rolled into one.  This Dublin Coddle with Seitan Irish Sausages is fantastic.  I tweaked the recipe from FatFree Vegan a bit, to work with what I had on hand. I did use Guinness beer & decided to add carrots, for additional flavor & color. I think it really gave the whole dish an amazing authentic Irish flavor. 

Depending on how you want to make the dish, it can be meatless/vegetarian or vegan.  Just tweak the ingredients a little to suit your needs. I decided to make the meal with the Vegan Dad's homemade seitan sausage recipe  since I had some of those sausages already made up.  The Dublin Coddle recipe from FatFree Vegan also includes her own seitan Irish sausage recipe.  I'll try her recipe for the Irish sausages next time I make this dish.

If making your own seitan sausages is just more than you want to do, don't let that stop you from making this dish.  Just purchase some vegetarian sausages at the market & continue with the rest of the recipe.  The beer, veggies & broth make such a flavorful combo, even without the sausages, they should not be missed!

Whether you call it ~ St. Patrick's Day, St. Paddy's Day or St. Patty's Day ~ if you are looking for something a bit different for your St. Paddy's Day meal, if you are tired of the traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage, if you have decided to try a meatless/vegetarian St. Patrick's Day meal for the upcoming celebration ~ I hope you try this remarkable meatless Irish recipe, it's a winner!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...